Saturday, July 3, 2010

As American as robots and social security

It's 4th of July weekend and I can't think of a better way to celebrate. I'm not actually going to drink 12 40's of Natty Ice, that is just the box Kenny from the Asian convenience store up the street (affectionately known as the "Asian Store") gave me to carry my bags of ice home in. Still, I felt pretty gangsta walking through the neighborhood hauling it on my shoulder. The ice is currently chilling 36 cans of Budweiser (which I got for $22- nice), so I guess I am not too far off.

Despite the close quarters and loud ass neighborhood Monica and I are determined to be adults and we WILL barbecue on my deck this weekend. I have a $35 Wal Mart brand grill and a shitload of beer. God Bless America.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend. And by safe I mean don't blow your hands off trying to show off with fireworks, don't drink 12 40's and try to drive home and, most importantly, don't let the potato salad sit out in the sun. Eggs, mayonnaise and pounding, relentless heat just don't mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment