Friday, April 9, 2010

Episode 66: RE: stink eye

The legends grows. After seeing the picture of Av giving the stink eye last week my mother sent me this email, shedding some new light on legend.

(If you missed the post scroll down, or look here: http://trialbyfireparenting.blogspot.com/2010/04/episode-63-first-recorded-evidence-of.html)


Hi

Just thought I would give you a little background. “Stink eye” is officially known as “The Ricci Look” shortened to just “The Look” (your great grandmother Ricci also had something called the "Meluk" not sure if it is the same thing or not. (Your Aunt Barb would have more details) anyway the look is unique to Ricci family women. Some men have it but usually just as young children. Some of us have it better than others ( I do believe I am one of the best). I always thought it was learned however little Avelyn is proving that it apparently is inbred as she has not been around me enough to have seen me give it. From what I understand she is quite good at it, although it was a little hard to see in the pic. Generally used to show displeasure or the fact that the recipient is unbelievably stupid, if done correctly it can bring grown men to their knees.

Love,

Very proud grandma

Don't I know it. Once again I reiterate, I am so screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment